Me

My photo
I am laughing through pain. That's right. I am laughing at my pain. Oh wait - this really does hurt.

Search

Google
Brooklynn's on Wellsphere
Wellsphere's Health Maven
Wellsphere - Health Knowledge Made Personal

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Laid.....Up

Oh me oh my. So, I have been having some pretty painful lower back issues over the last month that have peaked as of this last Friday. After 2 days of not going into the office I finally went to the doctor. I have now been diagnosed with sciatica...which aside from being difficult to spell sucks big donkey...you know the rest. And, it gets even better. The doctor I saw clearly could see my pain and she was by all definitions kind soul. She also took me off work for the rest of the week. This freaked me out because I can work, I just can't sit. I have been working for the past 2 days from home with no problem. My boss told me plainly that I had to shut down the lap top.

At first the little rebel in me thought: uhhh huuuuh you can't tell me what to do. Then, I thought about it and even though I cringe at having to use my Paid Time Off it is probably better for me to take the time off. Work has been so unbelievably stressful. I won't get into it, but it has been STRESSFUL! Lots-o-change!!! I really do believe my body is performing a coup for me to sit my butt down and relax. And so I am....I have a date with my book, my garden and with some meditation...oh yeah and some Oprah!

No comments: