Me

My photo
I am laughing through pain. That's right. I am laughing at my pain. Oh wait - this really does hurt.

Search

Google
Brooklynn's on Wellsphere
Wellsphere's Health Maven
Wellsphere - Health Knowledge Made Personal

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Put A Ring On It....

One of my guilty pleasures is music.....I love it! It helps calm me, gets me goin or just makes me smile. I admit I am somewhat of a snob when it comes to music. For example: I really only like artists who write their own music and/or lyrics. I appreciate great singers, but don't give them a lot of credit. I also appreciate great performers but don't give them many props when it comes to contributions. In other words, I poo-poo them. I am one of those nerdy people who actually read the inserts of the cd's/albums that I buy.

Migraines have been a big hinderance on my ability to listen (and I really do mean listen...I listen for the instruments and different inflections in the singers voice) to my music. I recognize that we have been lacking really creative music as of late, but still I have my old favorites (Sade, George Michael, Maxwell, Rolling Stones) that can pull me up and away from my thoughts. When I have migraine I cannot even listen to the sound of my own voice. It is brutal and cruel. I really wish I could understand why my body fights with me so much.

For the last year I have been on a George Michael kick. I saw him in concert and OH MY GOODNESS! What a performance. Tha man is amazing. His voice, his songs .....he could sing any style in any language and it would be beautiful. Recently...I admit that I have been listening to Beyonce's "Put A Ring On It." I don't really like Beyonce. Saw her in concert too and not really that impressive. But, this song...it gets stuck in my head and I LIKE IT! I even had a migraine last Monday and had it stuck in my head...and it did not bug me.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

I just came across your blog and am enjoying reading it.

Headaches are interesting, aren't they? Sounds don't bother me at all, but smell does me in. Scented candles, coffee, peanut butter - can't stand them when I'm in 'headache mode'.

ps - adorable puppy!