Me

My photo
I am laughing through pain. That's right. I am laughing at my pain. Oh wait - this really does hurt.

Search

Google
Brooklynn's on Wellsphere
Wellsphere's Health Maven
Wellsphere - Health Knowledge Made Personal

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Fight

Ya know...I feel better, I blog about it and then I feel like crap. It's really quite the dysfunctional relationship with Murphy's Law. In fact, I think it is a toxic relationship I should sever. Isn't this what Dr. Phil prescribes? Me feeling like crap = headache which = migraine. It's a form of torture but I am not sure who is inflicting this on me.

I am sitting here feeling much better after my chiro appt with Dr. Z (if you live in Orange County, I highly recommend him http://www.swesthealth.us/ ). My neck was locked up again and my shoulder was twittering with pain. It was awful. I have been looking forward to a muscle relaxer when I get home as soon as I get to work, and I hate the feeling of the muscle relaxer except that it provides relief. The foggy head side effect is completely undesirable. Anywho, Dr. Z released my neck and I feel somewhat human again....except for the fogginess.

So now I sit and write thinking about that I should be working on my short story. I went to the library and picked up Alice Munro and Chekov for research. My short story seems to have too many characters at the moment which means I should save it for a novel. But, alas I am now rambling. What I am trying to say is that I am procrastinating. Maybe I will drink some half caf coffee and see if this helps perk me up.

1 comment:

Ellen S said...

Hi Brooklynn!

I hope you're feeling better since your post. I'm having issues with my neck as well these days. Thank goodness for a chiro with a heart. I don't know what I'd do without him. My doc actually uses some osteopathic techniques, as I tend to be a bit tougher than most. *aaahhhhhh*. Don't know if I told you, but my DD is pre-chiropractic in school right now. Can't wait for her to be done so I can get treated as often as I really need!

Happy New Year to you!

Ellen
visit my WEGO Health Migraine blog